WORSHIP AND TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
Reports to: Riverside Church Executive Team
Job Summary: The Worship and Technology Director will have primary responsibility for all aspects of ministry related to music, audio, video, and technology as the church gathers for worship in multiple settings. Riverside Church places a high value on the following: encouraging and leading congregational singing, excellence in musicianship, excellence in stage presentations and setting, and the use of technology to assist everywhere applicable.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead all aspects of planning for the worship and technology teams for Sunday worship services, holiday worship services, and all other church events or programs that require worship or technology
- Develop and schedule teams of singers and musicians Sunday worship services using Planning Center
- Facilitate, organize, and lead practices and rehearsals for singers and musicians
- Provide pastoral and discipleship care to the worship and technology teams, including singers and musicians, and audio, video, presentation (ProPresenter), and lighting volunteers
- Prepare and distribute music charts, soundtracks, and recordings as needed.
- Oversee technology team to ensure all aspects of audio, video, lighting, ProPresenter presentations, livestream audio (using Pro Tools) and video are satisfied for Sunday worship services and all other relevant events
- Audition/onboard new musicians and singers to the team
- Oversee and manage the worship ministry budget
- Collaborate regularly with the pastors and the executive team to maintain synergy on worship team goals and needs
- The Worship and Technology Director is a full time position which will maintain regular office hours in cooperation with the church staff
- Two to four years related experience in leading worship and technology teams in a church setting.
- Demonstrate commitment to Riverside Church and live by Biblical principles as evident by testimony, accountability, and attitude
- Must be a self-starter, builder, detailed oriented, possess excellent follow up and organizational skills
- Proficiency in worship and technology software, including: ProPresenter, Ableton, Pro Tools, Planning Center.
- Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish/Creole)
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree