Monday July 25, 2011 – Monday August 1, 2011
Map and Directions | Register
Dates: July 25,2011 – August 1, 2011
Leader: Corey Schmatjen
Admin Contact: Daryn Kinney
This summer a team of 12 individuals will travel to Cuba to assist our Cuban brothers and sisters as they host the first Celebration Conference of Cuba. Over nine churches on the island will gather together to celebrate the Gospel.
Corey Schmatjen of Palm Vista Community Church (Miami) and Daryn Kinney of Gulf Coast Community Church (St. Pete) will serve alongside a select team of able-bodied individuals. The goal is to oversee the set-up, administration, games, special events, ministry opportunities, tear down and behind the scenes labor that a conference of this magnitude requires. We want to make it easier for our friends to enjoy this conference. From, set up to clean up. From, overseeing games to praying for those in need. From, children’s ministry to teaching opportunities. Our prayer? That we might encourage, build up and serve the churches gathered in a way that reflects our love for Christ and our love for them. This will be a demanding but rewarding trip!
- Registration closes March 31st
- Please fill out the entire application
- Teams will be selected and contacted via email on April 1st
- Ages 15 and up.
- $100 deposit for selected team members is due on April 15th
- Cost for the trip covers all expenses except spending money and travel to and from Palm Vista Community Church/ Miami International Airport.
- Travel into Cuba will require a passport and a visa. Passports can take up to two months and the visa information must be turned in to Daryn Kinney by April 29th in order to travel. This means you should get a passport ASAP if you do not have one already and you might need to have it expedited.
- There are no shots or immunizations required for this trip.